Periods after Miscarriage

I'm sending this question for a friend: She had a miscarriage in December and didn't have a period in Jan. In Feb. she had two of them, one lasting 6 days and the other was four days. She has a period every 10 days that last 4-5 days. All the doctors want to check her thyroid, and she's had three tests for it that all turned out negative. She is hypoglycemic, but that shouldn't be the problem. Her doctor seeing her for that tested her thyroid. She is trying to conceive again but is confused about her ovulation since she's so irregular. Anyone have any advice about anything I've told you?

flowrchild77

Asked by flowrchild77 at 3:32 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Having your thyroid checked is a good idea! I have an underactive thyroide and I guess that can screw up a lot in your body if that is off! Good Luck to her!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 3:38 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I've had three miscarriages and after eac I had real screw-wy period for about 3 months. I'd have one about 5 or 6 weeks later, another two weeks later, then 4 weeks later. It seems like with each it was the same pattern. My doctor was never able to tell me exactly what caused that irregularity. Tell her just to wait a little while to see if it becomes more regular. She could also look into a basil thermometer. I'm not sure how they work, I've never used one but my doctor offered me one and told me that when you ovulate, you temp is just alittle higher and then when its higher you know when you're ovulating.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 3:58 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I had two miscarriages and it took about 4 months to regulate back. If she really wants to try now, I would say try using an ovulation kit to find the nearest days she is ovulating and make love every other day during that time. Plus lots of prayers!
    rjacob2008

Answer by rjacob2008 at 4:10 PM on Mar. 4, 2009