avent bottles

Did you ever have a problem with the Avent bottles leaking? I try to check for leaks when I fill them, but it's a no fail thing that at least one or two per batch will leak! It's really frustrating and my husband is aggravated as well! I know if I breastfed I wouldn't have this problem, so those answers aren't really going to help. But, if you used the Avent bottles and they leaked, did you get them to stop and what did you do? Thanks alot!

mommystiebler

Asked by mommystiebler at 3:35 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they leak like a SON OF A WITCH!!! - if you don't make sure that both the neck of the bottle, the ring and the gasket (part of the nipple that seals the neck of the bottle) are DRY and seated properly. tightening the heck out of it WILL NOT help- i learned that the hard way when i couldn't get one apartand it was dripping everywhere! LOL
    if you carefully put the ring on and then turn it a little bit counterclockwise first until it "settles" that ensures that the nipple/ring/bottle neck assembly are seated properly and will seal. because of the vent built into each nipple, it can cause leaks around the neck if you do not do this.

also, the gerber "vent aire" bottles work VERY well, do not have this problem, and are quite a bit less expensive. just and FYI- the nipple is comperable to AVENT in shape and size as well... has all the same features will a lot less headache.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:45 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I did but you just have to make sure you put it on evenly and tight enough. Other than that I loved em!

Anonymous

• I agree w/ above anon.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 3:39 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Some of mine did.. But only when they got a little old. I tried to buy new nipples but I think its the nipple holder/ the white screw top.. I think they get old and start to leak from the screwing on and off.. lol I hope you understand my answer. I love them though and I used them for both of my kids. My son inherited some and I just bought new nipples. I would use them again. Hope this helps.
    Barbara144

Answer by Barbara144 at 3:45 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• yes, i have had trouble with mine. And seriouslyi found that don't tighten them too tight. When i tried to really get them tight they leaked even worse. But when i just barley turned them to when they just stopped i don't have any problem. But yes, it aggrevates me the mess out of me when i get one and it leakes
    Anonymous

• yes i HATED it so we just switched.
    masonsmommy921

Answer by masonsmommy921 at 5:02 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• my son didn't like the 5 dollar a piece avent bottles i had bought for him....and believe me we had about 10 of each size, and a few different nipples in stages 2,3 and 4 he ended up drinking best from the dollar a piece bottles..... hopefully the next baby will like the expensive ones because i sure have alot left over
    calvinsmommy18

Answer by calvinsmommy18 at 9:04 PM on Mar. 4, 2009