what is mirena like as a birth contol options ?

looking for feed back on mirena anyone use it and how did you or didnt you like it

mommietomyfive

Asked by mommietomyfive at 3:47 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Health

• I am on my second Mirena and I love it. I have had no problems with it at all. It is a little uncomfortable to have put in (not horrible- but you feel crampy) and then I did spot for a while which is common. But once in, I rarely get a period and if I do get one- it's about one day long. No cramps- nothing. And I don't have to remember to take a pill or change a patch. It's just there, no problems. I have had no issues or weight gain from it! I would really recommend it!
    Greenbeans422

Answer by Greenbeans422 at 4:00 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• i have mirena as well. i had it put in about 8W after i had my son. it was great. since i am still breastfeeding i havent had a period at all. i did have some light spotting but nothing that required a pad. i havent noticed a change in my milk supply.
    aphrodite7400

Answer by aphrodite7400 at 12:49 PM on Mar. 5, 2009