If you had to guess

What percentage of pro-lifers do you think became pro-life because they endured an abortion, and what percentage have an opinion based on no real experience and just assuming?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I am very much Pro-life and I CAN speak from experience. BECAUSE i have been through it, i know first hand how deep that mistake reaches. And no matter the situation, there's always another option.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 6:26 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• ASSuming.
    Anonymous

• I am in the first catagory myself. Had one, would never ever do it again for ANY reason. still haunts me to this day and it was over 20 years ago :o(
    Anonymous

• Please this is a fifty fifty question... PLUS this is a very touchy subject in here...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 3:51 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• What gets me is how many MEN are in the anti-choice movement - and how violent some of them are.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:52 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I agree with Wimsey. Some men are mad,mad.......
    Tristana

Answer by Tristana at 3:57 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Well I'm pro life. But Not because of those reasons. I'm not assuming anything I have not had an abortion but I did have a miscarriage. Before then I was all for a woman's choice but now I just cannot understand why somebody would do that. How could they pick and choose which one of the babies were to live and which ones were not to live.
    As Far as an actual percentage I think 10% do assume things 30% are the guilty ones and 60% have had a Miscarriage, unable to have kids, or has seen the damage it does first hand. Why should somebody be given life that they throw away when there are people like me who would of loved having that baby.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 3:58 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• You don't have to experience an abortion to have a valid opinion about it. Many people have never experienced getting hit by a car, yet they know it can hurt or even kill you. Many people have never experienced hitting and killing someone because they were driving drunk, and yet they know it's wrong. Opinions are formed not only by experience , but by personal moral standards and beliefs. It really has nothing to do with assuming.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 3:58 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• You don't have to experience killing a human being to know it is wrong.
    Momtocccd

Answer by Momtocccd at 4:05 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I am pro-choice because I have had an abortion in the past and would never presume to know another woman's situation and prevent her from having one.
    Anonymous