Anyone else Disgusted with GMAC's Business Practices?

I have a car loan through GMAC. Ive always paid on time for the required amount every month.

I did a deferment last November. Per the contract, I paid on time $87.18 in November, $211.00 beginning of December and my regular payment of $298.18 December 18th. In January I resumed my regular payment. GMAC never bothers me until the last week of every month...its more like harassment once they called me 17 times in a day. then they deny calling me at all

They say they apply my payments to the previous month so I owe another $298.18 on top of the one I just sent.

This happened two years ago and I went through red tape to get it straightened out. Ive sent them bank statements proving when pmts were cashed, and copies of the deferrment contract, and a recent letter from them saying I owe nothing extra. They blame it on an accounting error but harass me daily.

Is there anywhere I can complain to about this behavior?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Money & Work

• Girl, i feel your pain. Chrysler is a pain in the ass to deal with. and i thought in my contract it said we ave a ten day grace period from the date due. They will start burning up the phone like 4 days after the due date. And then if they get you on the phone they are like no we have to have a payment set up for this month and next. And they charge a $12.95 fee for doing it over the but they wont let me deny doing it over the phone. Then one month, my checkbook got stolen and i needed to change the account #. They told me that once a payment has been entered on the system it can't be changed. And it was still like three weeks before it was due to come out. They said i had to just let the bank return it and pay the fees. And i did have to. I could not get to anyone that would help me. So trust me i know your aggrevation. I don't know where to compain thought that it would do any good.I have sent compaints on the website b4.
    Anonymous