I am just so hurt and at my wits end....

My aunt picks up my almost 6 year old son from the bus stop and she told me he was in the midst of fighting with another boy on the bus. He was SO angry...to make a long story short he told her to shut up and tried to hit her and when she told him that she was going to tell me he told her that he hates me and that he doesn't want to go home...he hates his house,etc. I know he said this because he knew that he was going to get in BIG trouble when he got home. He was upset, crying and screaming for so long...she said she's never seen him like this. He receives counseling and speech therapy in school already. He's going to start OT for impulsive behavior.

I just don't know what to do when I see him....I'm just so hurt over this...he's my baby and my hubby and I take really good care of him. My aunt said she's never seen him like this and once she gave him a snack he calmed down..she also said that he was very sleepy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• Is it normal for him to say that he hates me and our house because he doesn't want to get in trouble??? Or is there a deeper issue going on??
    Anonymous

• watch his diet. I have heard processed foods and preservitives can make things worse. remove sugar and caffine from his diet if he has that stuff now. Talk to an expert and hold your breath!!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 4:18 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• probably said it because he was angry. kids say alot of hurtful things when they are mad but they dont really mean it.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 4:18 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• We've taken him to a couple of neurologists and psychologists in the past....nothing diagnosed or anything just yet. The advice was to give him OT and therapy in school, which he is receiving.
    Anonymous

• Girl, I have had my kids do this too. When they are in trouble every time. Or when they don't like thier discipline for the incident. And Guess what., they are 10,12,and 18. Deffinately tho at 6 they are still learning how to control thier emotions. I don't think I would be too upset, although it does hurt to hear your child say that. Just take the wait and see approach. If it continues to be a problem, then I would seek medical advice.
    anorman08

Answer by anorman08 at 5:00 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• that is pretty typical behavior when they are afraid they will get caught or somone will be dissapointed in them especialy boys like the lady above me said they are still learning on how to control their emotions hang in there sweetie
    freckles9399

Answer by freckles9399 at 5:34 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• have you ever had him tested for any medical disorders? my sister was like that and we found out that she is bi polar...just a suggestion. I am sorry your going through this! good luck
    Anonymous

• my 2 year old calls me bad momma and tells me to go away when he's angry. I think they just say these things and it takes a while to learn control.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 8:25 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I have a 4 year old and I'm going thru the same thing! She screams at me and tells me to go away she just wants her daddy and SM and she doesn't want me and everyone keeps telling me that she's just being a kid. We have joint custody and she is with him one week and with me the next. I think maybe they are saying some stuff to her and she's getting confused because for a while they let her call the SM mommy. I was irate about that! But I know how you feel. Its very hard not to take it to heart. Just keep thinking that you are doing the very best you can and that they don't yet understand that the stuff they say hurts us! Good luck!
    kim6661

Answer by kim6661 at 4:09 PM on Mar. 10, 2009