How long did you...

Alright. I went to the doctor yesterday, found out I was dilated to 2 centimeters. Later the same day, I lost my mucus plug, and I began having contractions. First it was about 5-6 minutes apart, then it was 3-4, finally it was about 2-3... I decided to go to the hospital then. I didn't dilate at all! So I went walking around for an hour, and still nothing. Well earlier this morning, I was checked, and found out that I went from 2, to 3 centimeters! So I went walking again, and had horrible contractions... I was checked at 7:15 before walking, and then he checked me after walking at about 1:30... NO CHANGES AT ALL! Nothing! Its rediculas! After all the walking, all the pains, all the contractions, nothing at all!!! My water still hasn't broke either... I was just wondering if anyone had had this happen, and how long it too them to actually dilate, and/or have their water break naturally... Also, any advice!

TheLaakSmith

Asked by TheLaakSmith at 4:26 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i was 1 cm for 2 weeks. when my water broke i didnt know it (slow leak, and i just had an exam) 24 hours later i called doc and went in and she sent me to the hospital since my water broke (still 1cm) and 16 hours after that......i was 3! ha it took me forever but unlike you they didnt send me home or have me walk...i literally laid in the bed until i was ready to push..only able to get up to pee until my epi then it was bed till delivery! your lucky. I say keep walking have sex if your water still hasnt broken and the prostaglandins in the semen can help thin your cervix which may help you dialate!
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 4:47 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• My sister spent almost an entire week having contractions but not dilating at all. I have never heard of it happening to anyone else but I guess it can take a while!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 9:36 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I was at 3cm for about 2 weeks. My doctor kept saying "any day now" and I got tired of hearing it lol. Finally after 2 weeks, my water FINALLY broke.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 10:45 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I'm afraid I can't relate since I was induced with both my girls. Never lost the plug w/ either one, and never had contractions until I was in the hospital for the induction. I had to have my water broken with both, which was unpleasant lol but I was kinda glad to have things this way because I worked up until the day before I was due with both kids and I would have been so scared in your situation. Although I did have a uterine inversion with the 1st which was AWFUL. Other than that, everything seemed smooth til the very end. I hope everything works out for the best for you and you're able to be in the hospital in time, your baby girl just may spring herself on you out of nowhere it sounds, good luck!!!
    kgoodel

Answer by kgoodel at 9:07 PM on Mar. 10, 2009