How do you trust again?

After several bad relationships...How does a person learn to trust someone with their heart again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• I can tell you from experience that it's one of the hardest things in life to do. If not for the wonderful dh I have now, I don't think I ever would've. I tested this man to the very limits and he stood by me all the way, with open arms and loving words and a shoulder to cry on...often. Our first 2 1/2 -3 years were like that. Don't lose faith, it can happen. It takes a long long time though and the right partner. Consistancy builds trust and that was what I told my dh prior to marriage. I need someone who can do that to help me get past previouss bs I went through. He took the vow and has not let me down yet.
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 4:36 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• pick better ppl
    Anonymous

• Trust is earned not given!
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:41 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• You need to heal first. Then you need to be complete as a sinlge don't look for someone to complete you. Be friends for a while don't rush. Trust has to be earned.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 4:49 PM on Mar. 4, 2009