I recently learned that my 3yo...

helps out in day care wit another 1 of her classmates. i beleive he's kinda slow. 3yo and doesnt speak yet doesnt communicate w/ others at all, wont even wave hello.

he doesnt interact with the children and very rarely the teachers. but takes very well to my Baby :) she feels gud 2 be able to help. but im startin 2 think that the teachers are almost depening on her to care 4 him. I like that shez helpful, and i know she doesnt mind but i dnt want her 2 feel obligated. wht cha think???

my baby has a soft spot 4 others... how qute :)

StarrCooKie

Asked by StarrCooKie at 4:32 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think you need to please write this over with the correct spelling of words so I can understand better.

Anonymous

• I don't like the word "slow" and I don't understand why you are worried that your child doesn't see anything wrong with this other child and likes them for who they are and not what they know. It sounds as if you have a very loving, caring and understanding child don't ruin it with your views. I really doubt she's being made to care for another child in daycare.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:35 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I think it's wonderful that she's doing that. I say just talk to her every now and then and see how she feels. "Do you like playing with....Do you want to play with someone else for a while...Is there anything you do with X that you wish you didn't do?" If she complains, then you know it's time to say something. If she doesn't, I say encourage that sense of compassion and kindness in her. :)
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 4:35 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• geez.. i wonder where you kid gets it from.. lol. duhhhhhhhhhh.
    Anonymous

• im not worried that she cares 4 another child. i like that about her. and its qute:)
    hes a realli sweet kid, i notice it fom jus being in the classroom with him the few time i have been.
    Please excuse the word "slow" jus didnt kno how else to put it

ex: they had a school play last week n her teachers asked her 2b responsible
    for keeping him in his place. is that fair 2her? he ran off n she took off behind him
    to bring him back to his spot. so shes paying more attn 2 him than shez able to pay
    to her own activities... all im saying is, it seems llike the teachers are off the hook here.
    StarrCooKie

Answer by StarrCooKie at 4:44 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• the first thing you do is talk to the teachers about your concerns. Why fret about it? Go to the source and tell them what your issue is. Don't be acusational, confrontational or rude..just calmly tell the teacher/director..whomever that you need to speak with her regarding your child. Don't have the conversation in front of other parents or the kids. Stick to the facts.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:03 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I've tried to read a couple of your questions now and I just cannot understand your writing. Could you please write with proper spelling? I'm trying very hard to understand what you are saying, but I cannot.
    Anonymous

• maybe your kid is the only one the other child trusts so thats why the daycare teachers are "dependent" on her to socialize the other child to his surroundings
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 6:26 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• 03 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 by: GrnEyedGrandmaView Profile
    Add to Friends
    Send a Message
    View Answers the first thing you do is talk to the teachers about your concerns. Why fret about it? Go to the source and tell them what your issue is. Don't be acusational, confrontational or rude..just calmly tell the teacher/director..whomever that you need to speak with her regarding your child. Don't have the conversation in front of other parents or the kids. Stick to the facts.

this is great rational advice i agree with greeneyedgrandma 100% talk to your childs teacher and get this resolved if it bothers you .
    freckles9399

Answer by freckles9399 at 7:06 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• CUTE not qute
    Anonymous