For those who voted for Bush in either 2000 or 2004 or both...

Do you now regret your decision?

Saw this in another post and thought it would be interesting to see the results.

Personally, I did vote for Bush in 2000 but voted 3rd party in 2004 because I did not like the direction the administration was going. Many people say I "wasted" my vote. But I chose to vote for who I believed to be better for the country, rather than the "lesser of 2 evils."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I didn't vote for him and am glad I didn't!
    Anonymous

• I do not regret voting a straight Republican ticket each and every time the polls are open.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 4:42 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I didn't and I am very proud of that vote!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:43 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Are you kidding?? I am sad that we don't still have Bush in the White House. I do wish he had handled more of the domestic problems, but I totally understand that in Washington you are forced to compromise with the legislature. Bush NEEDED to have cooperation from the Democrat-controlled congress on the terrorist war. Since they, and the media, were against the war, he had to let them have their way with other things, like not regulating Fannie Mae the way he proposed, like not enforcing the immigration laws the way conservatives wanted, etc.

He chose to be unpopular in order to get Congress to cooperate in keeping us safe from another 9/11-style attack. ... Bless him !
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 4:44 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• OP here, so then, as none of you regrets that decision, why would anyone think it would work in reverse for the democrats and those who voted for Obama?
    Anonymous

• I voted for Bush both times and I picked the right man. I am a republican and proud of it. I would never pick a democrat because I do not believe in the liberal left wing. I am conservative but I don't go around preaching religion like the far right. However I will never condone Islam. If you believe in the Koran you believe in killing the infidels which are americans.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 4:47 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

**I could care less whether or not they regret it, I just want to make sure it doesn't happen AGAIN.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 4:49 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• What blatant prejudice scorpio. So you are saying that if they are Muslim they are just out to kill Americans? Don't know many Muslims do you? I know quite a few and all of them are more curtious, respectful, considerate and loving than half the conservatives and Christians I meet.
    Anonymous

• anon I am sure there are some who regretted voting for Bush and some who are regretting voting for Obama.I would guess thre are some who have regretted voting for whichever past president.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:51 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Don't regret it one bit.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 4:51 PM on Mar. 4, 2009