Anyone ever use black cohosh to help get labor going?

Doc's told me i could use herbal treatments if i wanted to try and get my labor going, i can't seem to find blue cohosh in any place i've been to.. but i have the black cohosh tincture ready to go.. anyone ever use it before? Please let me know!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I used black cohosh pills with my daughter. I only took one and it got my contractions started.They were very irregular though. I was too scared to take another..lol.. so I dont know if you take them around the clock if it will get your contractions regular and speed things up.But I do know that it gets them started
    brittoh

Answer by brittoh at 4:51 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• i didn't use that but I did use castor oil with my daughter and 30 minutes later I was on my way to the hospital... I think it was a total of 3 hours from the time i took the castor oil until she was born.. it worked but made me sick
    happyplus3

Answer by happyplus3 at 4:55 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I took them for a few days. No luck.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 4:56 PM on Mar. 4, 2009