diaper rash

whats the best thing to do for a really red bum??? does airing it out help?

Mgirly84

Asked by Mgirly84 at 4:50 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes and butt cream. Use butt cream or destin EVERY diaper change.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:53 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Yes.. but how long can you do that???? Pee on the floor time...LOL Butt Paste its in a yellow tube at walmart, change the diaper as much as you can so it doesnt have to much moist in there...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 5:01 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• We use baby powder with aloe and vitamin E, it really dries it out, within 2 days it was totally gone. The cream keeps the rash moiste so it takes longer for it to go away. I've told so many people that baby powder with aloe and vitamin E work the best and they told me it worked. I would try it, it really does dry it out and the aloe sooths it. Plus everytime I put the powder on my daughter she goes "oooo" LOL it must feel good!
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 5:02 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• After you change your baby wash with soap and water after you wipe. then let them air dry for about 10 minutes. then thick amount of diaper rash cream. different ones work differently on babies.
    Julz315

Answer by Julz315 at 5:31 PM on Mar. 4, 2009