What are some things I can do with a 2 month old baby?

besides the sual, feed him, bathe him, change his diapers, put him in her swing or bouncy chair...
Just wondering if there is anything I can do at this age?

Albi1623

Asked by Albi1623 at 4:51 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i playd peek a boo... i used toys with lights to get his att, laid him on my belly and he on his and tried to build the musculs in his head... set him on the counter while doing dishes and showed him what everything was... sang and danced around the livingroom with him...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 4:54 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Rocking and walking are very good for brain development ... singing beautiful melodies is super - 100% better than artificial sounds like playing TV or a CD. He learns a LOT from the sound of your voice and from the flow of words. ... Give him restful stillness and quiet - his body and brain are growing at phenomenal rates, and we all know that most growth occurs while sleeping - so he needs LOTS of sleep. ... Being jangled by TV noise or trips out of the house interferes with best conditions for growing - time enough for errands after 6 months ...

Hey ! If you do have free time, you might have a chance to read up on child development and mothering. ... MY favorite books were Dr. zurLinden's A Child is Born: A Guide to Natural Mothering ... Dr. Glas' Conception, Birth & Childhood ... R. Baldwin's You Are Your Child's First Teacher. Also learn favorite Mother Goose rhymes, and for when he's 4 or so, Grimms' Fairy Tales. :-)
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 5:02 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I danced with my little girl- all the time! I would sometimes dance in front of her and then pick her up and dance with her. She still loves it! Im always singing to her and talking-- and now she's trying to talk back! It's too cute- shes 4 months now. Do some tummy time-- play rolling games with her-- go shopping !!! play peek a boo-- anything u can think of is a great game!
    tbear2008

Answer by tbear2008 at 5:38 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Hold you baby A LOT! Put him in a sling while you get things done around the house. It is really good for their brain development. Also, studies show that the more babies are held in the first 6 months, the less they cry in the second 6 months.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 5:38 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• U no what else i do-- i walk around to plants in my house and anything really- then i take her hand and let her feel it. I know she was too young for it but she seemed to enjoy it. I would go up to a plant and say TREE and let her touch it- then to the fridge and say fridge- while grabbing her hand and letting her feel the material. I forget what babies can do at 2 months- even though mine was that age 2 months ago.
    tbear2008

Answer by tbear2008 at 5:40 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• we started sign lang with my daughter at two months....and textures..... we talked to her all the time and now she says almost 13 words and is only 10 months old
    BabyDio

Answer by BabyDio at 8:42 PM on Mar. 4, 2009