I have reason to believe that my 13 year old DDs idenity/social secuity number have been tamperd with who do I call first?

when we filled our taxes the automated system rejected our return saying that my 13 year olds SS # didnt match what the SSA had on record either her # was enterd wrong or the last name didnt match. we re entered the number and re submited the retun and it was accepted. yesterday we got a letter saying that they dissallowed her on our return since the SS# has some errors with it.

So where do we go from here

mtnaspen

Asked by mtnaspen at 4:54 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Money & Work

• i had that problem when i filed my taxes. i called and straightend it out and did have a problem after that though. thats weird though
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 4:57 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Maybe try calling the Social security office. That's all I can think of. Good Luck.
    Anonymous

• I would call the social security office in your area. They can fix all of that for you.
    Anonymous

• I'd check with SSA: http://www.ssa.gov/
    Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 6:46 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Social security . They can not give you a new one just report the theft or what happened. Make sure by checking that new credit cards have not been issued on the credit reports too. Been there done that many times over. 25,000 of identity theft.But luckily I cleared it all up and now I have a great record. The girl was not even my race. Grosses me out to this day............
    Anonymous

• She had a fake drivers license of her pic on it. .......
    Anonymous