What was the main reason you signed up on Cafemom?

Originally, what was it that you were looking for by signing up, and did you find what you were looking for, or do you just get caught up in all the drama from people's questions?

Myself, I originally signed up hoping to find mother's in similar situations as myself. I really haven't, but find myself reading questions and answers all day long, which takes me away from other things I should be doing that are more productive. How about you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I signed up to meet other young moms, and to get advice from other moms
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 4:59 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• i just wanted someone to talk to. i wanted to make friends who are in similar situations as my own or totally different-it really didnt matter to me. :D
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:00 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I do the same thing I find myself on here all day long and I don't even know why because some of the mothers on here when you ask a question are very rude. I was achually thinking of taking myself off of cafemom, but I really don't want to because I find some questions that are for me. That is why I set my profile to private and I am now writing anon now because I am tired of everyones crap anymore. You ask a question and they start nitpicking. About how I got started I don't remember all I know if I found the website from one of my parenting magazines so I went to it and I don't even think I looked at anything before signing up I think I went and signed mkyself up first
    Anonymous

• i joined to talk to other moms that are at home with a young child. so far it's a great place!
    Mommy2Charles

Answer by Mommy2Charles at 5:34 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• two reasons

1. I wanted advice from others who may have been in my situation.

2. Myspace was getting way to old =]
    Anonymous

• I asked my sons about myspace and facebook and was told they're not for moms; my oldest even went so far as to say he wouldn't accept me as his friend on facebook because it would be awkward for your mom to be a part of your friends lives. So, I went on a search to find out if there were such websites for moms, and was thrilled when I found CafeMom; I'm also an addict!
    Hollybabe

Answer by Hollybabe at 5:56 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I joined cafemom to see if I could find moms in my area. I haven't really yet.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 6:00 PM on Mar. 4, 2009