What should I do about baby's cord blood?

I have recieved information about saving cord blood, but i am not sure really what to do, What did you do with your babies cord blood?

Carli17

Asked by Carli17 at 4:59 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i didn't save my daughter's cord blood when i had her.. i regret not being able to.. but honestly i didn't have the money to do so, it is pretty expensive..
    Anonymous

• I plan on donating mine, it's free to donate (though it probably wont be avaliable if I personally ever need it) and it could help someone who is very sick. I can't afford to bank it for ourselves, but it makes sense to donate it to me.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 9:34 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• We banked our baby's cord blood with the Cord Blood Registry (CBR). It was expensive..but we saw it as added insurance for the health of our baby. Plus we rest easier knowing (God Forbid) should we need it we have it stored with one of the leaders in the industry (Viacord being the other one). Checkout www.thecordbloodregistrymom.com for additional information on CBR and for information on the $250 discount code M5470 (how to use/apply it to get the discount off the fee with CBR). There are so many potential uses for it with medicine and science advancing every day, it cures 70+ diseases today but that could change and we thought that too, was an amazing reason!
    marukagmb

Answer by marukagmb at 10:49 AM on Mar. 10, 2009