MIL issues.

Okay , my SIL, whom is 16 has a viral infection in her throat. Not fun. So she called me yesterday asknig what she should take for it. I said "well only a Dr can give you what you need, I'm not to sure. Did you go to the Dr's yet?" She replies with " no, no one will take me." He truck in in the shop to be fixed and they live on a farm, so no one was there to take her to the Dr. So I said that I was going to take her, and drove 45 minutes out to my In-Laws to get her at 10:30pm to the hospital. Well my SIL called her step-mom (my MIL) to let her know that I came to get her to go to the Dr's. Well you should've heard MIL speak. "Put your SIL on the f*cking phone." So she hands me the phone " Hello?" "How dare you take MY daughter to the Dr without my permission. She's fine all she has is a sore throat. There's is no need for her to be at the Dr's." Now, when you looked into SIL's mouth, her tonsils and inside of her cheeks were

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Does your FIL know that his wife didn't want his daughter to have medical care? It may be something he needs to know about, but like everyone else said, talk to your husband, I for one would be pissed if I had a much younger sister and someone wouldn't take her to the dr, that could be considered abuse. I for one think you did the right thing.
    Anonymous

• Continued: COVERED in PUS!! She had a fever and the shakes and hadn't eaten all day. Now you tell me wether she had to go to the Dr. They have great coverage, and SIL didn't have to pay a dime for care or for medication. I'm furious at my MIL for speaking to me like that. SIL's actual birth mother called her in the morning to say hi, and found out what happend and thanked me for taking her to the Dr's when she couldn't make it down (she lives in another city) Ugh I'm so peeved at my MIL!! Now she won't even speak to me, I called her this afternoon to see how my SIL was doing, and MIL answered the phone and said that she feels that it's better if I didn't speak to this side of the family or intrude in their lives any longer. WTH?!?! Now that I'm at this point, what should I say now?! Do I ask her what her issue is, or do I just leave it alone?
    Anonymous

• Tell your husband what happened and see what he says...She needs to pull the pole out of her ass and thank you for stepping in and helping her out...Dont feel bad about it...Or maybe dont talk to her anymore...Screw people like her..
    Anonymous

• yeah discuss it with your husband and jus ignore her. Its her step daughter anyways and if her birth mom said it was okay then you shouldn't worry.
    Anonymous

• Well its NOT her daughter so she needs to get over it you need to talk to your husband though and tell him what happened so he can help you out and talk to them
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 5:48 PM on Mar. 4, 2009