Have any mommies dealt with this???

Have any mommies had to deal with their son or sons getting kicked in the groin by a girl at school or elsewhere? How did you deal with it? How old was he?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I think I might want to know what cause her to do that -- girls don't "normally" just kick guys in the sack for fun...
    Anonymous

• i'm with anon- but physically speaking, it won't kill him. put some ice on it...
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:58 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I'm in a martial arts class WITH my 15 yo, and this happens all the time when we "spar." The instructor tells him (and other boys) to jump on their heels while reaching for the sky. The testes will drop. Unfortunately, this is something they teach the boys to handle in case it happens in a real fight.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 8:09 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I volunteer at a jr. high outreach and this is something we fight all the time. It is called baggin, crude I know, usually between boys in their rough housing. We have rules of no horseplay of this type but it is in the nature of the guys. He will be ok. The girl may be a tomboy or had to hold her own in a family of brothers. Another thought my older bro always told me if a guy or date was going beyond my limits to kick him there and he would get the message. Did your son need to get a message?
    higherboundmom

Answer by higherboundmom at 1:17 PM on Mar. 5, 2009