How to help my 4 yr old be social

Unfortunately my 4 yr old has no social skills. We haven't lived around too many kids. He has really only been around his cousins. We recently moved where there are quite a few kids his age and he doesn't know how to interact with them. He hasn't started school yet, he starts later this year and I don't want this to be an issue for him. Is there a way for me to help him?

AidansMommy2004

Asked by AidansMommy2004 at 5:21 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter is 4 and has little social skills too, I put her in preschool and she is the shyest child there...I wanna see what other moms say as far as advice for shy kids :)
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 5:24 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Set playdates or spend lots of time at the local park. Just get him out there and let him start playing, prompting/helping only when necessary. And remember to let him lead you about whether or not he wants to play - give him time to adjust, learn and just be with other kids until he's comfortable.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 6:52 PM on Mar. 4, 2009