How do you know If you have a clot from a cramp you got?

I am 5 months pregnant and I got a cramp sunday morning and My leg still hurts... I took tums like my mid wife suggested but it hasn't seemed to help any. My leg is hard to walk on I have to limp sometimes. I called my midwife and her nurse said as long as I don't have a fever or the leg isn't hot that It shouldn't be a blood clot but what else could be making it still hurt 4 days later?

mommy492006

Asked by mommy492006 at 5:30 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you ould have strained a muscle when you got the cramp. or it could have pinched a nerve
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 5:31 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• i've gotten cramps in my legs plenty while pregnant. you may have just pulled the muscle. Our bodies take a little longer to heal while pregnant, so just rest and put some heat (or ice) on it

;)
    Anonymous

• I wouldnt take any chances with something like this. If, by chance, it is a blood clot, if it loosens it could travel to you lungs and cause major problems, including death. Not to scare you but if you are worried I would go to the ER and get checked. Or, even call the ER and tell them what is going on and they can better help you!
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 5:33 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• yeah cuz I have had cramps before whith my first child and they didn't make me hurt for 4 days like this
    mommy492006

Answer by mommy492006 at 7:05 PM on Mar. 4, 2009