i have the hiccup all the time but i dont have and acid reflux feelings or symptoms what should i do to get rid of them

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I'm not sure what to tell you to do to prevent them but I can tell you to stop them quickly.

Close your eyes and place your index and middle fingers (palm-side towards your face) on your eyeballs through your closed eyelids. Take deep steady breaths. This puts pressure on your vagus nerve which is believed to be a culprit in spontaneous and annoying hiccups.

You can also do things like holding your breath while swallowing a whole spoonfull of peanutbutter at once lol. I never did that (peanutbutter can be fattening lol). I found the above method in my husband's book when he was studying to be a paramedic. I use it all the time and it works.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 4:53 PM on Mar. 9, 2009