Why is it when a women joins the Army..

the only person in her family who isnt thrilled is dad? I know daddy's little girl. My SIL joined the Army and told us lastnight. DH and I both huged her and said we are so happy for you. Now I get to throw a boot off to boot camp party lol. Anyways FIL asked her why. Thats a man's job. She kinda blew him off I know it buged her. The rest of the family couldnt be happier for her.
I just wanna know if im the only one who thinks this..??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Heh. I tried to join the Army when I was 17 and both my parents threw a huge fit and and refused to sign for me. Nobody in my family liked the idea. God bless your SIL. :)
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 7:29 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• My older sis is an MP in the army. She does a good job and I think its great that women want to do this.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 5:48 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• When I joined the Army, my dad was thrilled. I was "Daddy's Little Girl" big time, too.

My mom was the one who got pissed. Especially when she found out I was going to be a mechanic...."Why did I make you take all those secretary classes in high school?"

Me: "I don't know, and I hated every minute of those classes, too!"
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:51 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Well before I would say It's her decision , then if it's something she wants to do...let her!
    But today i've seen a movie "Grace is gone" And I gotta tell you no woman should be away from home & children (I know she probably dosn't have any kids now, but one day she will and you never know how soon)
    Anonymous