• In the Spotlight:

Is it normal for an 8 month old baby to not be sitting on his own, much less rolling around?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• every baby does things at their own pace. my daughter is 7 months, not rolling, not sitting on her own, doesn't even like to stand up. doctor said said she's fine, she's' just being my lazy child :)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 5:42 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I agree with the above- though I don't think your child is necessarily being lazy. Maybe he is just very content with life. There's no need to move if he's happy where he is. *BTW enjoy it while it lasts. Your home will be a wreck once they start moving!!*
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 6:23 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Yeah I don't think I'd be worried about it and I agree about enjoying it!! My son is only 7 months as of yesterday and I've already caught his hand in the dog bowl twice....time to start baby proofing!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 6:35 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• my son didn't start rolling til he was about 7 1/2-8 months, but since hes mastered that hes a rolling machine, he's 9 months now, he doesn't crawl but he scoots or rolls to get where he wants, He only sits up when he wants to, hes stubborn, he doesn't like to sit up for too long because he always sees something he wants to play with and tips over and rolls to it
    calvinsmommy18

Answer by calvinsmommy18 at 8:59 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Don't worry babies have minds of their own and go at their own pace. My 5month old lil boy is a handful! He dose everything before he should and believe me he drives me crazy.
    ZachsAngel

Answer by ZachsAngel at 3:36 PM on Mar. 5, 2009