how do you cope?

I just lost my mom to cancer. Im so sad and i just feel like i should have been there. She was home alone for 3 days before anyone even knew she was gone.I live in florida and she lives in N.Y. My brother found her after not hearing from her for for 3 days.

savvya

Asked by savvya at 5:58 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am so sorry to hear about your mom. Dont feel sad that you were not there, you don't even live in the same state. Things will get better over time, but the feelings will never go away. Just know that she is in a better place, smiling down on you. Again I am very sorry for your loss.
    Anonymous

• thanks anon 6;02
    savvya

Answer by savvya at 6:04 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I haven't lost either of my parents yet. So I can only imagine the loss you feel. My father has marginal zone lymphonma (slow growing cancer). He was diagnosed in 2007. I understand why you feel at fault about her not being found. But honey, she was already gone. The only thing left was a shell. I don't know what you believe or feel. But I will pray for you and your family. Feel free to message me with pray requests or to have a sholder to cry on.
    ~Erin~
    2kidsonly2arms

Answer by 2kidsonly2arms at 6:10 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• what is anon 6;02 I am the one who answered you
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 6:10 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• you answered 'Anonymous' at 6:02pm.
    2kidsonly2arms

Answer by 2kidsonly2arms at 6:20 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my mom last year so I understand the pain. With time it does get better, we always miss our moms but the pain of the loss does get better. Again, sorry for your lss... you will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 6:35 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• My condolences. I lost my mom to cancer but she wouldn't allow us to leave her alone even for a few minutes. She was terrified of dying alone. My dad however did die alone and I felt guilty about that for years. That's the only thing he ever asked of me (not to let him die alone) and I was in FL and he was in CA and had a heart attack. You have to learn to forgive yourself.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:47 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• sorry for your loss--my mom lived down the street from me and i tried so hard to not let her die alone--but yet she died alone of cancer in 2004--if you need to chat feel free to PM me.
    wendy
    jdmyangel

Answer by jdmyangel at 7:20 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• The feelings of loss and pain will never go away, but with time, they get easier to bear. I lost my mother suddenly to a car accident, but because of injuries suffered in the same accident, I was in the hospital and unable to attend her funeral. It's been more than 30 years since it happened, and I still feel the loss. How would my life have been different? There are a million other questions like that that will never get answered.

Put yourself in God's Hands and let Him help you. He's the only One Who can do it.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 7:59 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• My friends mother died last week from cancer and its been very hard on her and her family. They hold tight to their love of God and Jesus and the knowledge they will see her again and until then she's watching over them.

Me, I take comfort in my family and the fact that I was blessed to know her and that I know she's watching over her family and they will be well.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 8:27 PM on Mar. 4, 2009