What do you feel is worse a miscarriage or a still birth?

I personally feel that a still birth is worse. Since you wait all these months to meet your baby just for it to be a still birth. A miscarraige is just as bad, but not as bad since most of them happen before your 3 months. I'm not saying you aren't attached, but you aren't as attached as a mother who felt her baby move, has had multiple ultrasounds and has heard the babys heartbeat at every visit.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have had a miscarriage at 8 weeks. And then we lost our Son Noah at 24 weeks pregnant. I think everything is hard when you lose a baby, but at 24 weeks pregnant I took it a lot harder then I did with the miscarriage. I had to deliver a baby that looked like a baby, that I felt move, that I saw, who looked just like daddy. So I think they are both horribe, but I wouldnt want to go thru any of that again, either one. When you are 6 months pregnant, you feel like you are in the clear, where as before 3 months you know that there is a higher chance of loosing the baby. I took loosing Noah at 6 months harder then I did with the other baby, maybe because we had named him and his room was done, and such.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 6:07 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• def a stillbirth. so sad.
    Anonymous

• Yeah I agree I am 34 weeks and if my child was a stillbirth...I would die literally. All the months watching my body change a complete 180 and feeling my little one inside kick and roll around 24/7. Watching my baby on the u/s the heart beating listening to it. Yeah I would pretty much crawl up in a hole and die.
    Anonymous

• i agree still birth. you carried that baby all the way through.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:06 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• a still birth!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 6:07 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I just had a miscarriage and that was hard. But i think carrying a baby for even longer then I did would so really hard. So I'd say a still birth.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 6:46 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Any pregnancy loss is difficult, but a late term loss must be devastating, especially when you have to deliver. A good friend of mine lost her son at 35 weeks and had to come home to his room and to everything that she had received for her shower a week or two before. My heart goes out to her- I had a loss at 11 weeks and that was hard enough. I wish that no one had to go through the heartbreak of losing a baby.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 7:08 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I had a miscarriage with my first baby at 9 weeks. I felt so horrible.But I def think still birth is worse.When i went for my ultrasound yesterday, there was a couple there talking about how last year, she went in labor early with her baby boy.2 days before they heard the heartbeat and everything was fine.But the day she went in labor, after they finally put the heart rate monitors on her belly, they couldnt find the heartbeat.They did an ultrasound..and still no heartbeat.There was a knot in the babys umbilical cord. They still made her deliver the baby,but also let them keep the baby in the room with them for 24hrs. I could not imagine being pregnant for that long, knowing everything is fine, then one day it not be and you have a still born child.Its heartbreaking
    brittoh

Answer by brittoh at 7:51 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• in 2007 My son was born stillborn. I was 38 weeks and 4 days and was due to have a planned c-section 2 days later. It was rough. Im still not over it and I just had a baby boy in December. But Im dealing with it much better than last year. My husband doesn't even like to talk about it. We had a funeral for him(Jayden). I never been to his grave site afterwards. I want to but can't bring myself to do it.
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 9:50 AM on Mar. 5, 2009