to do it vaginaly or by c-sectoin advise please

my ob has given me an optoin of inducing labor and then a epi so i can do it vaginally or just bikini cut c-sectoin, because of my epliepsy. I want to do it vaginally but im not much for pain but if i do a c-sectoin im at less risk for a siezure grand-mal to be exact but im afraid i wont be able to hold my new baby the minute he comes out, i know that most eplipsy moms go threw delivery vaginally just fine with out haveing one. and my chances are a 50/50 chance any advise

SarahRandall

Asked by SarahRandall at 6:15 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had 1 of each go vaginally if at all posible
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 6:16 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• i would say what ever is the safest way do it that way my sister has the same thing you do and has them really bad i will keep you in my preyers good luck
    Mother_18

Answer by Mother_18 at 6:17 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• The SAFEST way for both you and your baby is vaginally, WITHOUT induction and without an epidural.
    Anonymous

• not to men tion i had way less pain vaginally, my dd is 2 months old and i still get pains at the incision sight, i wanted vaginally with her but she wouldnt cooperate
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 6:18 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• how old are you? i would do it natural birth because then you have any scars from a c section and you will recover faster, just pray that everything will go good annd you have a seiszure youll be fine i hponestly dont even remember the pain and i had no medication at all. exactly 20 minutes after i gave birth i ate 2 giant slices of pizza. My point is you should try natural youll be fine!
    chukuku

Answer by chukuku at 6:18 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• If you have a c-section, your right. You won't be able to hold the baby right away. But you will be able to see the baby right after they come out. And if you send your SO with the baby he can hold the baby soon. Then when you are out of recovery you can hold and breast feed the baby for the first time. All together it's about 2 hours before you hold the baby for the first time. But you are so tired from the c-section (yes, you still get tired), you won't notice the time. Good luck, hon! My prayers are with you!
    2kidsonly2arms

Answer by 2kidsonly2arms at 6:19 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Being the parent of an epileptic, I know what triggers my dd grandmals. I know that delivery is whole new ballfield, but you need to assess your own triggers. Is it fatigue? A lot of women have long, tiring labors. Is it anxiety/ stress? Cause labor usually isn't a walk in the park. Doesn't mean that you wouldn't have one of those miaculous, I didn't feel anything and am totally not tired after births.
    anorman08

Answer by anorman08 at 6:31 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• The safest thing for you would be a vaginal birth without induction or other medication. Inductions tend to be more painful and longer than natural labor because its forcing your body into something its not ready for.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 7:15 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I would do what YOU felt was safest for you and your baby. If you feel you can do a vaginal delivery with no problems, then do ahead. If you feel uncomfortable with the idea or have feelings that it may be harmful in any way to you or your child, then maybe you should think about other options.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 7:28 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• if it risk somthing bad i would do it the safest way but im the same i have a hip problem and my obgyn said i might have to do a c section. but i would hate that. forget thet pain. i want to do it vag. because i want to see my baby before anyone else i mean i carried it..i dont want to sound selfish though. do it that way you think..wish you the best.
    hmp1

Answer by hmp1 at 9:17 PM on Mar. 4, 2009