OMG!! WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND CALLS 911 FOR THIS?!

http://www.fox8.com/wjw-news-911mcnuggets3309,0,1865712.story

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• A lot of people. Maybe not for McNuggets but a large majority of 911 calls are for stupid things. My husband is a paramedic and has been on calls for people wanting prescriptions for things, prescription refills (ambulances don't do that), food, babysitters for their kids because they need to go to a party, because someone didn't pay them for the drugs (illegal) they gave them, because their roommate didn't return their hairdryer (why that's a medical emergency, I'll never know), for stubbed toes, for legal/medical advice that is non-emergent and has nothing to do with why they say they called, so the firemen can help them move their furniture to change the room arrangement...the list goes on.

The funny thing is, they usally call and say they have chest pain and then tell you what they REALLY want once you get there with bells on. Yes, your tax dollars at work people. This is why I don't want universal healthcare.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 6:46 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Anonymous

• A spoiled, stupid person!
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 6:34 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• oh my goodness....that dispatcher deserves an academy award for holding in her laughter....
    Carli26

Answer by Carli26 at 6:38 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Honestly I want to smack people like this. I don't feel bad for saying that either.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 6:39 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• LOL. Someone that is very selfish and maybe has a learning disability or most def a problem of the brain . lol
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 6:51 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• My grandma used to call 911 when she was lonely. Turns out she had dementia. We took away her phone.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:15 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• OK that was weird. She didn't sound all that upset. Maybe she was on something and not in her right mind.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:18 PM on Mar. 4, 2009