Should I tell my parents I will be induced?

My parents are annoying. I know it is hurtful of me to say but I can only be around them a little bit each visit. Should I tell them when I will be induced to have the baby or wait until after the baby is born? They live a couple hours away so it wouldn't take them long to get to the hospital I will be delivering. I just don't know if I want a lot of company in and out of the house/hospital when the baby arrives.

sweetpea1217

Asked by sweetpea1217 at 6:28 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you don't want them there then don't call them. You can always change your mind and call them later, but you can't UN-CALL them once it's been done.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:34 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• You have the choice to choose who you want at your baby's birth. Why do they need to know that the baby will be induced?
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:34 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I would call them after the baby was born. They don't need to know if you don't want them to know. and if they do say something about you not telling them you were going to be induced just tell them that you didn't want to let them know ahead of time and the induction take a while with them just sitting around here twittling their thumbs. That the labor went a lot faster than you expected and didn't have time to call.

Little lies don't hurt when you are uncomfortable.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 7:25 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Don't tell them! My in-laws knew I was getting induced, and they drove 16 hours to be there the whole time I was in labor(18 hours) and they were so annoying! Plus, they were all staying at my house(which is only 1000 sft) that week when I came home from the hospital. I would have rather hurt their feelings and been able to not been so stressed during labor and be able to come home and rest after having a baby, not having so many people in my house.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 8:26 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I think you should do whatever is going to make u happy..this is no time for added stress..just tell them the truth that there was no reason to call and sit around waiting as who knows how long it will take once your induced..and that you thought it would be better and much easier once the baby came for all involved
    SwtSeattleGrl43

Answer by SwtSeattleGrl43 at 10:49 PM on Mar. 4, 2009