Is this racism or extortion or BOTH?

Being a wife of a baseball fan AND business man, we discuss this and I just can't shake it from my head.

The Florida Marlins are seeking to build a new stadium WITH TAX DOLLARS and the vote came down to one black woman on the council. She told the Marlins that she will vote in favor of the stadium if they support the black community and black businesses.

What are your thoughts? Should this woman be fired? Is this extortion and racist too? Here's a story on it.

http://www.nbc6.net/news/18851673/detail.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• extortion and racist too, sadness
    Anonymous

• I say the whole community should be supported. It shouldnt be a race issue.
    prettymommyap07

Answer by prettymommyap07 at 6:31 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Does it shock you????
    Anonymous

• Racism is racism is racism...whether it comes from a black person or a white person it's WRONG! This is the reason we have so many race problems. A backlash is now building against this behavior. I think she should apologize and be investigated to see if this a common practice for her.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:33 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• yes it is both and she should not be holding a position any longer.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 6:33 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I think a private corporation, The Marlins, should find sponsers and fund it themselves.

Will the let FL residents in for free if it is coming from tax dollars, like a public park?

Yes, that woman should be fired, or suffer some consequence. it has nothing to do with race.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 6:34 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• * they
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 6:35 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• It's both, and it's wrong.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 6:36 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I'm not surprised. Reverse racism and almost extortion, or bribery? Is that pay to play for her vote? Sounds like more looking into her background and affiliations needs to be done, she was callus enough to do this outright, she's been doing it for a long time and getting away with it. Reverse racism is of course, the norm now anyway.

akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 6:38 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Yes racism is racism whether practised by black or white or brown or yellow or green persons. With all the affirmative action and other pro-non-white slanted programs and practices in the past few years, white people are getting tired of it, and slightly angry. White people are the only people in thole world who will let any other people come into their countries and take over without putting up so much as a whimper of protest. Think Canada, U.S.A., Australia. Eventually there will be a backlash, and I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of it when it finally blows up. People like this woman in the article will probably be the main targets.
    Anonymous