At what age can I start giving my baby freshly squized juices (fruits & veggies)

Albi1623

Asked by Albi1623 at 6:34 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I suggest staying away from citrus and tropical juices when you do give them. My son got a terrible "flesh eating" rash from mango baby food.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 6:52 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• My dd's doctor told me you can start introducing baby foods between 4 to 6 months, but only to introduce new foods one at a time waiting a few days between each to make sure that she wasn't alergic to any.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 6:53 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Baby should have nothing but breastmilk (or formula) for the first 6 months, then you can start introducing small amounts of other foods/liquids, one at a time.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 8:05 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• In the 4-6 month period you should introduce fruits and veggies, but no citrus fruits yet! Also, apricots and prunes should be used for constipation, they'll make your baby poop a lot. Like Liz said above, introduce one food at a time. E.G. Give bananas for a couple of days in a row and this way if your baby shows any signs of an allergy you'll know it's from the bananas. As far as juices go, you can introduce them at the same age, using the same technique, but they need to be diluted. Baby juices are actually sweeter, so baby juices should be given like this: 1/4 juice 3/4 water. Adult juices can be given 1/2 and 1/2. The non citrus juices to give are apple, grape, cranberry, and prune juice. A good way to introduce a new fruit is by mixing it with your baby's cereal in the morning. With veggies, no corn or beets before 6 months! The next food to try after six months: add hard boiled egg YOLK-not whites-to fruits and cereals.
    MamaMaggie3

Answer by MamaMaggie3 at 11:07 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• One more thing because I'm sure you're wondering this now, after the fruits and veggies and egg yolks are tolerated, in 6-8 months you can start pudding and foods containing egg noodles and some table foods like mashed potatoes, pancakes, pasta, THEN after all those foods are tolerated, 8-12 months is when you can begin the egg whites and citrus juices. Too much info.?!
    MamaMaggie3

Answer by MamaMaggie3 at 11:13 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• thanks!
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 2:20 PM on Mar. 5, 2009