Would it bother you for your husband to hang out with a friend that cheated on his wife?

I love and trust my husband, but his good friend cheated on his wife and now they are getting a divorce. My husband has been friends with this guy since childhood and is trying to be a support through the divorce stuff. But it kind of bothers me for him to be associating with a known cheater. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Ladies...thanks for your advice. I actually did not say anything to my husband about this, even though it bothered me a bit. And all on his own, my husband has taken sort of a break from this friend bc he is involved with some other girl and he told his friend that he needs to tell his wife if he wants a divorce.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• It's not going to rub off

Answer by admckenzie at 6:53 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Yea. honestly that would kind of bother me. I was gonna say "well, only if they are bestfriends or something" ...but it sounds like they are pretty close. yea. it would bother me ...but i would express my feelings with my husband ...and then give him the benefit of the doubt. I have no place to tell my husband who he can and who he cant hang out with. ...and he respects me that same way as well.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:54 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• As long as he's not like telling your hubby that he should try and get some on the side and stuff like that then it should be fine. I mean cheating is not a disease it is something a$$hole men do sometimes but it isn't catchable so... it should be ok. Just watch to see if huby starts actin weird around you then it's time to worry but it should be good.
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 6:56 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• No, it wouldn't and doesn't. I know my husband wouldn't cheat on me. He has friends he hangs out with that have cheated. They're just hanging out. His friend, although he did cheat, probably needs someone right now to talk to, and they've been friends forever.
    Anonymous

• You know your husband best. Is he the type of guy to "check out the babes" with this friend? If he is, I'd be worried he wasn't taking marriage seriously enough and could be influenced by this guy.

If he's not like that, then this guy is a friend in need of support. Maybe the guy has told your husband he made a mistake (you don't really know what kind of confidences he has exchanged with hubby) and your husband knows he isn't a womanizer.

I've been on the other side of the fence on this. I cheated on my husband when we were first married. I told my best friend. Her husband was so freaked out about it. Suddenly, she wasn't there for me anymore. Because I made a one night stand mistake I lost my best friend. It sucked. Thankfully, my hubby saw it was a mistake and has since been with me for 24 years.
    Anonymous

• Yes. My husband has some friends like that and I dont want him hanging out with them!!!!!!!
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 7:00 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• yes it would bug me tremendously. you can tell who a person is by who he/she associates with..NOT saying your hubby is cheating on your at all..just why hang out with someone like that?? "birds of a feather flock together" and all that? KWIM??
    TippyD

Answer by TippyD at 7:49 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• you first need to take a look at your own relationship and if your hubby has ever done anything to make you feel you can't trust him then yes it should bother you but if he's always been truthful and trustworthy I think you're just being paranoid JMO
    SebsMom29

Answer by SebsMom29 at 9:04 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• No.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 9:08 PM on Mar. 4, 2009