• In the Spotlight:

How can I get my 13 month old to stop putting everything in her mouth?

haleysmama08

Asked by haleysmama08 at 7:01 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You can't.
    Simple.

Baby proof everything at her level. Most of us have had to do it.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 7:04 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Hello haleysmama08!
    You can't. That's just natural to them. It's like saying that you can't drink water. Especially if he's teething. It might just be because his gums are in a lot of pain.
    All That you CAN do is offer him a toy thats meant for a teething baby or rub some of that stuff on his gum to sooth them. Tylenol helps too(that's what my doctor said to give my daughter for the pain) My daughter is two and she still has tooth pain from time to time. It's just one of those things that is a fact of life.
    Just thank your lucky stares that he's not in so much pain that he's crying. Some babies just do nothing but cry when they teeth. My sisters baby did for a while.
    I wish that there was something more that I could say that would help but unfortunately there is not. Just remember that it will pass. Teething doesn't last forever.
    beccasmomabcd

Answer by beccasmomabcd at 10:02 PM on Mar. 4, 2009