Did you use Iv medication for labor pains?

I cant have an epidural. I was just wondering if any of you had iv pain reflief meds? Did they help at all or even a little?? What was it? I plan to try not to use them but if it gets to bad, I will.
Thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:27 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had some and it worked for me it put me to sleep
    Mother_18

Answer by Mother_18 at 7:29 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• No I did not, I did not use any pain relief.

But have you considered gas and air as a 'back up plan' instead?
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 7:29 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I had pain meds in my IV. I think it was called Nubaine? Not sure but I know it started with an N. I don't know if I could have pushed with that stuff in me, it made me really drowsy and feel almost drunk, but helped the time go by as I dialated.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 7:34 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Stay moving & relaxed. It will help move the baby down. I didn't use any drugs or epidural and plan on doing that with my next birth.
    Anonymous

• yea i had it. and it screwed with my head more then helping with the pain!
    youngandafraid

Answer by youngandafraid at 8:59 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I refused to get the epi (im deathly afraid of needles , i cried when i had to get the iv) but I had the iv drug setinal (sp). I got it around 81/2 cm but it made me really stoned. one min i was talking fine the next i couldnt even form a sentences lol.
    serenaxxmarie

Answer by serenaxxmarie at 9:01 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Both....iv drugs and epidurals....
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:23 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• yes, I did only w/ my first tho! W/ my 2nd I didn't have time, and the pain wasn't half as bad as my first! It only worked for a short time tho...then it went away and I couldn't have anymore.
    Aneq

Answer by Aneq at 8:16 AM on Mar. 6, 2009