would you ever

would you ever send your child to boarding school. i dont think its right, i mean why did you even have kids if you want to send them away i think its mean and irresponsible on the parents part.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would not, ever.

I can't even begin to imagine it.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 7:31 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I certainly could not imagine sending my child away to be raised by others. But i would not go so far as to call it mean and irresponsible- only because I am not from the class of people who live like that so I couldn't possibly fathom where the decision comes from. I don't knock other life styles- I just choose what is best for me and mine
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 7:35 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I wouldn't personally but for some of the parents who chose to it's either because they can no longer control their child and it's disrupting the rest of the family or because they want to give their child a chance to see a different part of the world. It's no different than college in my opinion.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 7:36 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• It would depend on the curcuimstances, the child's personality, what the child wanted, and many other factors.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 8:21 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Maybe when they are older...like for high school...Kids can get very very good educations at boarding schools....Better than kids getting into trouble and getting pregnant I think.
    Briyawna

Answer by Briyawna at 9:01 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I have threatened. Its been an ongoing joke. Theres a school about 25 min from here that is a TOP NOTCH private school and they take boarders. Realistically unless I couldn't do anything more for my child and they were self destructing and that was my last recourse then NO, I wouldn't. I think its the same thing as daycare...but thats just me. THis school is $17k a year. I would love for my girls to go there because I think they deserve better than regular ol public school, but that will have to wait.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:22 PM on Mar. 5, 2009