How do I get my son to stop!

Please moms I need advice ASAP.. My 3 1/2 yr -old , why is he showing his weenie to people and How do I put a Stop to that??? All contructive feedback is very much appreciated. Thank You

Asked by Anonymous at 7:48 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Hes 3!!!! Boys will be boys i guess! But if he does it @ daycare they may freak out.!

• Little Mr. obviously needs to be sat down mommy and have the "privacy" talk with him. I have a three year old nephew hasn't done that YET so I am going off of what I would do. Explain to him that, that is his to see only. good luck :)

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 8:08 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Don't react when he does it, just consistently and gently remind him that it's not okay to show it to everyone and to put it back in his pants - give him a place like his room or the bathroom where he can take his penis out and play with it. This is pretty normal behavior - my son doesn't show his (yet) but he does play with it when he's naked or in the bath. Normal behavior, but just keep gently and consistently reminding him that we don't show the penis in public.

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 10:29 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• OMG...I have a 7 yr old that does that. Its really a boy thing but I think 7 is a bit too old to be engaging in such behavior. Unfortunately hes not the only one. You have to have the conversation more than once...more than twice and more than 3 times...its just a constant conversation. THey do eventually get it. My seven yr old was punished severely the last time he did his sisters. He thinks its funny to hear them scream.

Answer by momofsaee at 1:15 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I would tell him that people don't like to see that. Never laugh about it. You really need to get him to stop that or some social worker might get on your case.

Answer by momo8child at 2:11 AM on Mar. 6, 2009