For Wiccans or anyone else who might know. (gross and TMI)

I had athlete's foot that got too bad, IMO, and since we don't have insurance, I haven't gone to the doctor about it. My dh is allergic to a remedy I'd ordinarily use (fumes close off his breathing), and so I asked my martial arts teacher if he had any suggestions. He said (here's the gross and TMI part) to pee on yourself in the shower. The urine will have antibodies that the body has already created for this condition. He said it's an old Wiccan remedy. Of course, wash yourself off with soap after a few seconds.

I understand the clinical reasoning behind this and am trying it. I've seen improvement after two times doing this.

My question is this: What's the religious significance to this? I'm Christian, but I consider myself open-minded, and I'm just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:48 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have heard the same thing and hey, if it works go for it. There is no religious significance to it in my opinion just something that works.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 7:50 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• LOL I don't know of any religious significance to it. But hey if it works for you then more power to you.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:51 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• lmao, they probably associate it with Wiccan or Pagan, because they tend to use more natural remedies to healing. I can't say that I've ever hear of it.. my brother use to put vaseline on his feet and wrap them in ceran wrap.. (at the doctors suggestion) for atheletes foot, but I guess he ended up having something else so it didn't work.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:08 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• OP here...

My dh seems to think that it IS athlete's foot, but as I said, we don't have insurance for me to go to the doctor. I can see the reasoning behind doing this. If it's NOT athlete's foot, the antibodies would be there for whatever condition is present. It sound awful, but hey, if it works... My instructor said he did it two different times with two "treatments" each time to cure. It's taking longer for me, but I have some open sores with this too. I figure that as long as I'm washing myself good that it shouldn't hurt. As I said before, I'm seeing improvement already, and that's more than I could say with anything else I've tried, and IT'S FREE!!
    Anonymous

• Dont know that there is religious significance. Probably more along the lines of in home remedy someone figured out.

Ive heard pee works well for jelly fish stings too.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 8:24 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I'm not sure there is any religious significance, but my cousin used to be a missionary in Indonesia and he said one of the remedies for ailments over there was to use your own urine to treat skin disorders (or maybe infection ~ it's been so long that I forget exactly what he said). I remember thinking it was a weird notion at the time, but your description of antibodies actually makes some sense. It's just that we, living in a culture of germophobes, cannot fathom doing something like that!
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 9:05 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• go and get some some athletes foot med it should help then
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 9:16 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I pee in the shower anyway................might be why I do not have athlete's foot.
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 9:44 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I have athletes foot and pee in the shower. It has not worked for me.
    Anonymous

• Some things that help with different skin problems:
    -Hydrogen peroxide
    -Apple cider vinegar
    -Tea tree oil
    The first doesn't have an odor, but the vinegar and tea tree oil do.
    Good luck
    indigostone

Answer by indigostone at 10:09 PM on Mar. 4, 2009