I dont think that i want to but on the other hand i really do...

Ok so my sister and her husband have been trying to have a baby for 3 years, and she found out a couple weeks ago that she has to have a hysterectomy :( She asked me today if i would like to help them have a baby and YES i would. but they want to do IUI use his sperm and my egg. I am honored that they want me to do it, but I dont know if i could do my egg. but they cant afford IVF. Also, my husband says NO again, he is honored that they want me, but it would just be too weird for us to know that my sister and her husband (i know the baby's dad) would be raising. I am ALL for carrying a baby, but i just dont think i could use my own egg. Is this selfish and wrong of me and my husband to not want to help in the way they want us to? I dont really know what to feel.

babymaddy

Asked by babymaddy at 7:58 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I completely agree with you. I would be a ll for being a surogate, but not a egg donor. I think that if it is your egg then it is your child, I would not feel right with that. If you decide not to for that reason, I would think she would understand. I am hoping that you didn't already agree and are now having regrets. It is such a hard spot because you are kind of the last hope for their dream, but to me that would also be your child. Good luck with your decision!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 8:03 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• No I didnt already tell her yes. I actually told her that my husband says no, but i would really discuss it with her. If i say no they are going to look into other donors, but they really want me, we have a lot of sisters, but one she is really fighting with and i dont forsee it getting better...ever, and two we look like twins! If she werent 10 years older than me people would think we were. and the other sisters are too young to help. I just feel bad that i am even thinking no. Because it will weigh on me forever that i could have helped and didnt. She has one child that is 10 but its not his and he really wants one of his own too...and a baby. UGH!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 8:08 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I agree with how you feel about this....cant they take her eggs and get them frozen? Then they could save money and get IVF...i dont know a whole lot about all of this so sorry if that was a dumb suggestion.
    Anonymous

• I think if it was your egg it would be werid... Thats just me, not only are you caring a baby but you will know its half you. Caring the baby is one thing but using your egg too is another.
    Ms.MarineWife

Answer by Ms.MarineWife at 2:57 AM on Mar. 6, 2009