suggestions???

my baby is 3 weeks and he hasn't slept ALL day. everytime he manages to fall asleep it's only for about 5 minutes and then he is wide awake again. what should i do or try??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Swaddling. It might keep him from waking himself up. My son hated it, but it's worked wonders for others.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 8:29 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• formula or breastfed?

Anonymous

• Is he cranky or upset? Or just up and curious? Maybe he's just not sleepy. Baby's get insonmia too. If he's sleeing but fighting it, he could just be a very curiuos little boy. Some babies like background noise and some like silence to sleep. Some like to be warm and swaddled. Maybe a mobile with soft music or a swing for some motion.

If he's upset when you lay him down, it could be that he's sick. But I don't have enough information to go on for that.

Congrats on the little one!
    Anonymous

• he's formula fed
    Anonymous