left tums at work :(

any home remedies I could try for my heartburn???

LuckyClown

Asked by LuckyClown at 8:36 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• they say not to drink baking soda with water while your pregnant for heartburn, but I had it so bad with my daughter, and had ran out of tums, I took half a teaspoon of baking soda and mixed with with a cup of warm water and drank it all. Its gross no doubt but it really takes away the heartburn.And no harm was done to my daughter from drinking it.which of course I only did it that once. And I too have also heard milk works.
    Anonymous

• maybe milk? i never tried it but my husband drinks milk when he gets heartburn and said it works...so maybe it will work for you..
    jziegler

Answer by jziegler at 8:38 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• milk it is...have no baking soda at home... milk is a quick fix but it never lasts long... the other night I drank so much milk I felt soooo bloated...perhaps if I'd just quit misplacing the tums... or maybe I can just buy ten rolls and leave them everywhere....hehe
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 9:04 PM on Mar. 4, 2009