What is your child's language of love?

How does your child show love to others and to you?

My daughter's language of love is physical touch. She loves to be held and hugged. Every where we go, somehow she finds a way to be close.

IzzeAddy

Asked by IzzeAddy at 8:40 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• To me? She is a snuggler. To other people? She's very shy ...she'll hug my parents and other family but it's more like she'll pat them on the back LOL.
    Anonymous

• I read the book too. My son is kinda young. They say under 5 is hard to tell but I think my son is really into physical touch. His second language is Words of Affrrifamtion.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:05 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Touch - but I understand that's pretty common in preschoolers - most everything is still touch as their primary language, love and learning. It's exciting to see what will develop as primary while his senses are still developing as he grows because he has a pretty strong visual too, so that may become his primary or stay a secondary. But for now, primary love language is still touch.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 10:05 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Well my oldest is 3 and a half, and the first thing he does when he wakes up, is crawl into bed next to me and cuddles me, he will even rub my hair, my forehead and kiss me and say "I love you Mom" he does this MANY times throughout the day and it's beautiful.
    With my youngest, is a year and a half andhe is a bit more tempermental, and it's a RARE occasion when he will kiss you LOL. But that makes it that much more special when you get them. He enjoys laying with me or sitting with me. His new way to love on me is to climb up, lay across my belly or chest and say "Hi!"...he also will just out of the blue turn to you and smile the biggest smile for quite a while, and then go on with what he was doing.

Good questions!!! I love talking about my kids
    ItalianMomma04

Answer by ItalianMomma04 at 11:06 PM on Mar. 4, 2009