Sandbox?

Do you think this summer would be a good time to get a sandbox for DD? She will be 18 months old in May. She has played on the beach before, when she was only about 6 or 7 month and she LOVED it! So I was just wondering if a sandbox would be okay for this year since we wont be going to the beach so often this year. The age specifications on sandboxes say I think either 2+ or 3+. Im not clear on why though.

tiffers32788

Asked by tiffers32788 at 8:42 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i would think it would be okay.... my daughter turns one next month and i will be getting one for her..... just make sure you get the specail sand for sandboxes....other sand has harsh chemicals in it
    BabyDio

Answer by BabyDio at 8:44 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I think it would be fine, but I would find one with a lid that snapped on so when you are not playing with it small animals won't get in and so it wont become the neighborhood catbox. That way if she puts some sand in her mouth it won't have pee and stuff on it.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 8:46 PM on Mar. 4, 2009