anyone near Camp Lejuene, NC? Hubert or Jacksonville NC

we will be getting new orders in the next 6 months and have an option to request a station. among the choices is Camp Lejuene, NC near Jacksonville and Hubert. What is great about the area? Whats not so great? Any great places to live? Do you like it? Thanks.

mrspierce06

Asked by mrspierce06 at 8:44 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Travel

• My brother is stationed at cherry point in Havelock NC that is about an hour from Jacksonville I guess. He loves it there. I am on my way to go see him on Thursday because he is being deployed to Afghanistan for a year. But any way he says it is a nice place to live.

joleensboys

Answer by joleensboys at 2:07 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• we are currently stationed at fort campbell but will be pcsing to another base soon.we are from SC and i miss it so much. i am hoping to get NC b/c i love being on the east coast. the ares really nice and warm and near the beach,hope everything turns out great for you and good luck!
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 6:08 PM on Mar. 8, 2009

• Hi,
    I live in Hubert NC which is about 10 minutes from the back gate to Camp LeJeune. We have several military families in our neighborhood. This is a great area being located near the beach and there are many free parks and beach accesses and boat launch areas. The weather is fantastic! People are friendly and helpful--- shopping and schools are good.
    I am a real estate agent and can help you with your housing needs if you so desire.
    Good luck.
    cynthia252

Answer by cynthia252 at 7:35 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• HI MY NAME IS KELLI I LIVE IN JACKSONVILE MY HUSBAND IS STATIONED AT CAMP LEJUENE.
    moneymommyexc

Answer by moneymommyexc at 9:12 PM on Nov. 10, 2009