Even with consistent age appropriate discipline, my 2 1/2 year old grand daughter spends most of her day pushing her limits!

Examples: teasing the dogs, not letting her 10 month old brother touch anything or get near her. Not being social with neighborhood kids, being very stubborn etc etc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think most not all kids do that, i have a 10 and 11 year olds and they always test their limits and take kindness for weakness, we allow them to do something and they always try to get us to let them do more.
    Anonymous

• I have come to assume that it is one of the phases that kids that age go through. my kids have either gone through it or are going through it, and I dread the day that my daughter hits that age. what i do is tell the offending child that while i love them, I do not like how they are acting and as long as they act that way, I do not want to be around them. Then I either send them to their room, outside to play or make them do chores where i can keep an eye on them. GL
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 9:04 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I'm having the same problem with mt 2 1/2 yr old!  I guess its just the age!

Mrs.Smith84

Answer by Mrs.Smith84 at 9:13 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• It's the age and it will continue until they are adults, just in different forms. Keep at it she will sorda get the hint.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 9:44 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Hello Anonymous! I feel your pain! I have a two year old who does the same thing. One thing that really seems to help me is try telling her that if she behaves she can watch her favorite show(my daughter likes spongebob & Max & Ruby), you could also try treats like marsh mellows, raisins, or a sugar free lolly pop. If she eats too much junk food already you could also try a sticker chart. My daughter LOVES stickers and she enjoys getting one each time that she goes potty. You could also use a park or a friend as an incentive to be have. Bribing may not seem nice but it really does work. You could also put her favorite toy up high so that she can't reach it and if and when she is good she can get it back. Kisses, hugs, and making a big deal EVERY TIME that she behaves may give her that extra push that she needs to be a good girl.
    Just remember when all else fails positive reinforcement seem to really work.
    beccasmomabcd

Answer by beccasmomabcd at 9:49 PM on Mar. 4, 2009