We want another, my parents and grandparents say not now...

So we have a 4 year old daughter and we want another one. The only problem is that my parents and grandparents tell us to wait since we're still young(22-23). He'll be done with school in 4years and then I'll go to school to finish my schooling. Is it wrong for us to want another one now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• No it is up to you! like i told my cousin cause shes in the same boat as you i told her why not have one now and enjoy living live you never no when your gonna go ! i say go for it!
    Anonymous

• THANK YOU!! thats the answer i'm looking for. A lot of people are like.... why would you do that to your self?! your so young.. live life.. babies will always be there. I'm like well, I want my kids to be close together.
    Anonymous

• The question really is...do your parents and grandparents watch your daughter a lot? Think about it and answer yourself honestly. My mom is practically raising my niece and it is wearing her out. My brother and his wife made a comment about having another. I went balistic. I understand about the school issue.. but our parents were never placed on this earth to raise our children..they did their job...
    Maybe this is why they are making the comment...dropping a little hint your way
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 9:01 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• my parents and grandparents live 3.5 hrs away from us
    Anonymous

• Yeah im gonna be 21 i was pregnant # 2 just lost lost it 3 weeks ago but imma try again ;) but my mom wants me to have another baby she cried when i lost this one.. heres you could use i used it with me and my sis to get pregnant www.askdramy.com its good ;) under fertly maps
    Anonymous

• sorry on my spelling lol
    Anonymous

• It is your choice. It is better to have your children closer together, then they can also be playmates together. My older two are 9 and 7 (they are 19 months apart). My daughter is 2 and I would love to have another one soon so that there is only 3-4 years difference between the two but that is just not possible for us right now. My husband is working on his PhD and we have to wait until he is done and in a stable job before we start trying. :-(
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 9:16 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Who are they to tell you want to do with your life.I would have another baby.
    Anonymous

• It's up to you. But be aware that kids close together aren't always a good thing. The closest sibs I've ever known were a decade apart in age. The ones who hated each other the most? A year apart.

It's the parenting, not the age difference.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:36 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• as long as they aren't raising the baby/kids for you then its none of their business if you have another child. Also don't listen to the silly people trying to encourage you to wait a decade between births. My sister is 9 years older than me and we have nothing at all in common. She's more like a mom than a sister.

YOU make the decision. Not your family and not people on the internet that wants you to wait.
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 11:02 PM on Mar. 4, 2009