is it ok to paint my 7 month old's toe nails?

Asked by AlessasMommy1 at 8:53 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would think long as she doesn't suck on her toes...But, good luck trying to get her to hold still long enough. I tried to paint my daughter's toe nails when she was asleep when she was a baby and she still wiggled around.

Answer by Briyawna at 8:56 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• just make sure it is a non-toxic paint....amazing how kids can fit their whole foot in their mouth!!!

Answer by kscmbz at 8:57 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I wouldn't simply b/c at some time you might want to take it off and nail polish remover is not good. It absorbs into the body. But, if you do, be sure and wash the remover off very quickly. Personally, I like more natural. Although I do keep my own painted a nice pink.

Answer by lifeasinoit at 9:05 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• no way. shes way too young, she could eat it, by eating her feet, the toxics

• I did lol They looked so cute too. I actually did both of my girls toenails and fingernails. I loved doing it

Answer by crazy_mum at 10:26 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I dont see why it would be a problem.. I mean obviously dont let her put them in her mouth before they dry... and I probably wouldent use fingernail polish remover on them. I painted my daughters when she was little..

• yeah i painted my new borns toes....

Answer by BallardMomma at 11:05 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• It's your baby, you can do whatever you want as long as it's not neglectful or illegal, but personally, I wouldn't. Fumes from nail polish and especially remover are pretty strong and sometimes toxic, not usually, but it's possible. My daughter would probably not sit still long enough and then I don't think she'd ever leave her feet alone. Besides, babies don't need the things adults need to make them beautiful, your baby will be just as cute without it.

Answer by MamaMaggie3 at 11:38 PM on Mar. 4, 2009