• In the Spotlight:

Think he'll do it?

Dem senators (one of mine, to my shock) are asking Obama to NOT sign the newest spending bill and have promised to vote against it because they object to the outrageous dollar and pork amounts.

Do you think he'll risk Pelosi sneaking in and slitting his throat in the middle of the night or will he sign it anyway?
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/03/04/spending.earmarks/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 9:06 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I was watching a story on this today! Thank GOD for them. Even more shocking is yesterday I caught part of Hardball w/ Chris Mathews, and HE was criticizing this bill AND Obama. Saying Obama had promised to line by line through this stuff and get rid of unnecessary spending. I thought I was going to fall out on the floor!!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:14 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• All of the senators should get some balls and not sign a Obama-bush spending bills.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:11 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Who knows? But I heard a clip tonite from today's interview, that showed Obama saying that the last administration allowed the military spending to go over a gazillion dollars and he said straight up "That kind of reckless spending won't be tolerated!" Really? And HE is giving California $200,000 for TATOO REMOVAL? Hello? Are we stupid here or what? That burns my butt.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 9:12 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• That witch Pelosi is just crazy enough to try it. She is positively scary. To have someone like her 2 heartbeats away from the presidency is the scariest thing going on in politics today.
    Anonymous

• I hope so! I am an Obama supporter and I think we have enough spending bills right now, we don't need more.

Oh, I am also a democrat who cannot stand Pelosi!!! Why oh why did they put her as speaker!?!? She is awful. You would be surprised at how many democrats actually feel this way about Pelosi.
    Anonymous

• he'll sign it anyway but he shouldn't i don't see how his programs of just pork help anyone out.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:25 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• life that is something else

momof really? You mean thrills up his leg Matthews?

Pelosi is without a doubt a lunitic she is freaky scarey

I think he'll sign it anyway but hopefully not i'd be surprised.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:09 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• i think he will do whats best for the country. he has so far
    Anonymous

• lol OP....

uh no anon... he is NOT doing whats best for our country...

i hope he doesn't i don't want my children's children to pay our debt for something i don't think will even work...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:20 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• lifeasinoit, he was probably talking about government contracts for the military.
    I don't know for certain because I didn't see the clip you referring in to but I know his budget he's proposing an increase for the military.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 10:43 PM on Mar. 4, 2009