dilating?

Can you tell if your dilating or not?...

Is there way i can tell if im dilating?...

kwiseman19

Asked by kwiseman19 at 9:20 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i dont think so....here let me help
    c'mon you can do it...dialate wooooo
    c'mon dialate you know you want to.
    lol im tryin but the only way to know is when the dr checks you. if you are far enough along then i hope you are dialated!! :D lol
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 9:28 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Its not recommended. I have heard that it could "stir things up" unneccesarily, or even introduce infection if your hands are not properly cleaned. Plus you don't really know what you are looking for as you are not a trained medical proffessional. Just wait for your next prentatal visit and ask your doctor or midwife to check you!

Dilation also does not always indicate that labor will begin right away. I was dilated to almost 3 cm. with my youngest daughter for three weeks, and even then I had to be induced.
    flower_momma

Answer by flower_momma at 9:41 PM on Mar. 4, 2009