Housewarming Ideas?

My BIL & SIL are moving next week. So far they don't know where to! Only that they have a job... What can I get them as a gift?

I don't know her style tastes really. They've been married a year and though we went to the wedding, we haven't visited since they've been living together to get a feel for what she likes. They were in a dorm (tiny) so this no matter what it is will hopefully be bigger but who knows???

Asked by TXdanielly at 11:51 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Shopping

• Well, you can always ask what they need, what colors they like, because you don't want to give them anything they already have and don't want. Also, if they are having a housewarming party, most people have registries of different stores and what they want from there. It never hurts to ask. It avoids embarrassment later.

Answer by Sexymom75 at 11:53 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Maybe get a nice box or basket and fill it with things that you know they'll use like nice towels for the kitchen/bathroom,pot holders/oven mitts maybe you could throw in some candles also.

Answer by twtyb at 12:05 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• A Gift card to any store that sells house wares is always appreciated. Espically with the way people are today. It's cool to give gift my day it was considered tacky but it's Hip now a days. They pick out what they want.

Answer by vbruno at 12:33 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I would suggest a gift card to crate and barrel, or to trader joes.

Answer by sunshinecalimom at 3:08 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Gift card to a store or a restaurant. Nice bottle of wine?

Answer by rskmom at 2:26 PM on Jun. 20, 2008