Feeling pregnant before you miss your period?

I'm not prego. but my friend is trying. Every few months she insists that she is prego before she misses her period. A few times whe was right and miscarried and a few times not. I'm sick of hearing that she feels exhauted and bloated ect. when she hasn't even missed her period. I didn't start experiencing symptoms until around 6 weeks. When did you ladies start feeling symptoms?

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i think she is wishing that shes pregnant so every time somethings wrong she assumes she pregnant.

Answer by SThompson21 at 9:34 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• not that early, that would get so annyoying, im sorry, gezz, some ppl, always think they are preggo.. i was like 6 weeks too, before i "felt" it, not days lol lol

• I felt implantation each and every time! It was like "POP! I'm pregnant!". The bloating and gas started right after that. And then I had to wait to test. I'm sorry that you are "sick of hearing" about her discomforts. She is obviously heartbroken, wants a baby more than anything, and is searching for hope wherever she can. Way to be sensitive. Have you ever had a miscarriage?

Answer by flower_momma at 9:44 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I knew very very early with my son. Started having symptoms a few days after conception and was confirmed with a blood test before I even missed a period. Your friend needs someone to talk to, and I guess she thought it was you...

Answer by kitten_shuga at 9:47 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I knew before I missed my period... well, I didn't KNOW, but I certainly had a TON of symptoms and I wasn't assuming that I was pregnant. It's just that by the time I missed my period I couldn't even fit into my regular bra anymore.... I'd already gone up a whole cup size! Of course, I was also pregnant with twins.... but I didn't know it at that time, either!

Answer by AggieMamacita at 9:54 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I knew before I missed. I was getting cramps for days but no blood which was very unusual. I was also sleeping like 13 hours a day and was still exhausted. And I just had the general "intuition" that I was pregnant. I still had 4 days before my period was supposed to come so I took an early pregnancy test and sure enough I was! Sounds to me like your friend really really wants a baby and just because you didn't experience symptoms till 6 weeks doesn't mean that's when she should feel them. She might be just imagining things because she is so hopeful of getting pregnant but I think as her friend you should be a little more caring of her in her situation that irritated. It obviously wasn't as hard for you to get pregnant as it is for her.

• i had plenty of symptoms before my missed period...& i took the test the day my period was suppose to come, & sure enough i was. its different with everyone though.

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 11:14 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• i started feeling symptoms a few days after i concieved. i didn't even think that was possible, because with my 1st i didn't feel anything til 6 weeks. but this time, i really did start feeling pregnant very early, i knew i was pregnant long before i took the test 4 days before my missed period. i guess it is different for everyone, and each pregnancy.

Answer by tete9703 at 10:22 AM on Mar. 5, 2009