Have you ever been so depressed

that you thought of suicide?

I am not suicidal or anything , just curious?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yup I used to be all the time. I tried to get help for a very long time but because it seemed to be completely random no one believed me and it took a long time to get help. It ended up that I am bi-polar and that is why it was so off and on.
    I know a lot about depression and the like so if you want to talk about it more, drop me a line on my profile.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 9:40 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Yes, when me and my husband split up 7 months into our marriage.
    Anonymous

• I was very depressed when I was going through my divorce. and yes thoughts of ending it were fleeting but they were there.
    NancyT812

Answer by NancyT812 at 9:37 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Not suicide, but not caring if I lived. It was after a serious illness and surgery. By the next day I was over it. :)

Answer by Bmat at 9:43 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• yup. ended up hospitalized. I had three lost pregnancies in 6 months. It sent me over the edge. that was 4 years ago. I still am in therapy, but i am no longer suicidal or severely depressed
    tomib

Answer by tomib at 9:50 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I have thought sometimes it might be better, but i would have never did it.... i had it really hard growing up but i have always believed in God and i didn't want to go to hell and i now believe God doesn't give you anything you can't handle...

OP always remember, it can only rain for so long...things might seem bad, but there are people that have it much worse....and things WILL get better, you just need FAITH.... or a reason to live (those precious baby(s))....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 9:52 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I have been severly depressed, but strangely enough never suicidal. Somewhere in the back of my mind I always knew no matter how sad i was I wanted to go on living.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 10:02 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• The only time I thought about it and it scared me was when DH and I got into a fight and he threatened to leave, I had thoughts of just going in the bedroom and getting his gun and blowing my brains out and I kept thinking about it over and over again and picturing it in my head and how it would look when someone found me and what my funeral would be like. I kept thinking that it would be my way of getting even with people and him for not appreciating me. But, I got over it...and haven't thought of it since. But that really scared me, I thought I was going insane. My doctor has recently put me on Xanax for severe panic disorder though and it has helped me a ton with my anxiety and panic attacks and stress levels.
    Anonymous

• HI ,
    I have a friend at work that is like that. I am really worried for her. She is 50 and a single person looking for love in her life and seems to hit brick walls all the time. She just got a divorce from her husband after 5 years due to him repeatedly bashing her.
    Its really sad when you feel like that. You need to talk to someone you trust or stranger can sometimes make a difference. Just have to let it all out. They need lots of love in their lives.
    HOpe that helped.
    lisa359

Answer by lisa359 at 5:30 AM on Mar. 5, 2009